The Neighbors App by RING is a free app designed to help communities connect and stay informed about what's going on around them- whether they own a RING device or not. Millions of users are working together to make neighborhoods safer for their families, friends, and neighbors. When communities work together, safer neighborhoods become a reality.
By joining the Neighbors App by RING you can:
- Stay informed. Get real-time, hyper-local information about what's going on in your community, through crime an safety alerts from users near your home.
- Alert your community. Post and share important crime and safety information falling into the following six categories: Crime, Safety, Suspicious, Unknown Visitor, Lost Pet and Neighborly Moment. You can also provide updates and inform your neighborhood when an incident has been resolved.
- Contact with Neighbors. View and comment on videos, photos and text-based posts shared by local users through the Neighbors app feed.
- Personalize your experience. Customize what alerts you receive and how often.
- Putting privacy first. Choose what content to share and control how you want to engage with other users. The Neighbors app was designed to keep users in control of their private information.
- Support from local Police. In some neighborhoods, local police join the Neighbors app to engage with their communities by viewing and responding to crime and safety incidents that are publicly posted on the Neighbors app, sharing real-time alerts to keep residents informed and requesting assistance on active investigations.
- Free and accessible. Smartphone users in the United States can join the conversation by downloading Neighbors for iOs, Neighbors for Android and Neighbors for FireOS. Users do not have to own a RING device to help make their neighborhoods safer.